Nothing too major this update, I’ve been working on some other personal things the last month so I haven’t done anything major on the game.
- Made it so an individual tile will highlight when hovered over with the mouse.
- You can now make square box selections with the mouse by clicking and dragging.
- Added a distance fog for when using the free floating camera
- Replaced black sky color with blue.
- Fixed a z-clipping issue where the ocean mesh intersected the land mesh.
- Optimized terrain rendering for free floating camera. Camera used to sit in the middle of the terrain chunk, now any terrain behind the camera is not calculated.
- Shaders now recompile when using free floating camera and implement a different type of z-buffer.
- In debug mode I can now switch from game camera to free floating camera at click of a button.
- Added more robust terrain tile painting tools
- When a grass tile is sloped above a certain threshold it becomes a dirt tile.
Here is a low framerate fly over of the terrain using the free floating camera.